This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilySavings #CollectiveBias
Today I want to share a great way to get some inexpensive college shopping done. It’s called the Smart Coupons program at Family Dollar Stores®. I absolutely loved shopping at Family Dollar for some of my college essentials, so today I thought I’d share what products I picked up and my new way of organizing, as well as some money saving tips for you!
I created a small laundry storage container for our laundry room! This is also perfect if you have to carry your laundry supplies down to the dorm laundry center or an apartment laundry facility.
I picked up the Tide 4 in 1 botanical rain pods. Tide Pods are awesome products. I’ve used them for months now, and I think they clean my laundry so much better than traditional soap. Plus, it’s so much easier. I also picked up a Downy Fabric Softener, which I seriously love. It smells delicious and makes my clothes smell awesome! I also bought that little plastic container for only A DOLLAR. Here’s how you can create your own DIY Laundry Bin:
- Sign up for the Family Dollar® Smart Coupons® program (instructions below).
- Head to your nearest Family Dollar® and pick up everything you need to do laundry. Whether that’s regular detergent, pods detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets; whatever you need.
- Pick out a bin to put the products in. You don’t have to stick them in a basic plastic bin, you can pick one that’s cuter. I like plain plastic bins because it means I can create vinyl stickers that will dress it up if I choose to.
- Stick it in a location that’s easy for you. If you are lucky enough to have a washing machine, stick it on top of the dryer or in the cabinets above the washer or dryer. If you don’t, stick it in a cabinet with easy access for quick laundry.
I signed up on my phone, but the process is the same on the computer or tablet. All you have to do is sign up using your email and phone number, and then you can scroll through the various coupons and just simply click the ones you want. At check out, plug in the phone number associated with the account, and the coupons will be applied automatically. It’s SO easy, much easier than printing coupons or cutting them out of the newspaper. Plus, family dollar’s prices are inexpensive to begin with, but after the coupons, this makes this the most affordable store for college students on a budget.
Family Dollar® has tons of products, including lots of groceries, organization supplies, knives, plates and even paintings. It’s pretty much a one-stop shop for everything you might need as a college student. Right now, Family Dollar has some awesome coupons. They currently have the following:
- Save $2.00 on ONE Swiffer Refill or Wet Jet solution (excludes trial/travel)
- Save $0.50 on ONE Downy Liquid Fabric Softener/Enhancer 40 load (excludes Downy Libre Enjuague and trial/travel size
- Save $0.50 on ONE Crest Toothpaste 3oz or more or Liquid Gel (excludes Kids and trial/travel size)
- Save $2.00 on ONE Tide Pods or Gain Flings Laundry Detergent (excludes Tide Simply and Gain Flings/Tide Pods 5 ct and trial/travel size).
Here’s where you can find the great laundry products featured in this post!